Monday, May 30, 2011

A little background on Grandma Looney

When I was a kid, Grandma Looney was a little quirky. She was fun and when things are a little off beat, it's kind of cool.  Like getting Pop Tarts as a Christmas gift.  But, as I entered my teen years, quirkiness gave way to just plain odd. Like watching my 10-year-old cousin open cocktail napkins on Christmas morning. And as an adult, I now realize things are just plain weird. Like the State of North Carolina stuffed animal I received as a gift with my MBA graduation. Or the fact that Grandma Looney keeps her cell phone rolled in a linen handkerchief, then placed in an eyeglasses case... and she never carries it with her or turns it on. Now, before you go and call Adult Protective Services, Grandma Looney is not senile.  She's always marched to her own tune. It's just that now, the more I realize about the real world, the more I see... somethin' ain't right with Grandma Looney...

1 comment: